Whether online or in person, NPN, a non-profit 501(c)(3), makes it easy to find support, must-have information and educational, fun events. NPN has been connecting Chicago parents for more than 40 years!
We achieve our mission by providing Chicago families with:
- Parent support such as active discussion forums, parent education workshops and informative articles
- School-choice resources such as our Annual Preschool & Elementary School Fair and School & Daycare Directory
- Childcare resources such as Childcare Classifieds
- Developmental differences support such as monthly support groups and our annual Developmental Differences Resource Fair
- New Moms Groups, which provide an opportunity for new moms to meet in a volunteer's home and form new friendships
Neighborhood Parents Network of Chicago, formerly the Northside Parents Network, was started by a group of families in 1980. NPN organized playgroups, babysitting co-ops, Moms-Morning-Out programs and other family gatherings. We began publishing a newsletter to share parenting tips and community information. And we organized school fairs and other parenting resources. Our marketing effort was solely word-of-mouth communication.
As technology advanced, it became easier to grow the network online. Our membership now reaches Chicago’s Northwest, West, South and Southwest neighborhoods and the near suburbs. We continue to grow NPN's member benefits by adding new events such as Summer Camp Fair and online resources such as our library of parent-education videos.