Internship: Auction Coordinator
This is a part-time internship position requiring a minimum of 10 hours per week. The position can start as early as 8/21/23 and ends 4/1/24.
Founded in 1980, the Neighborhood Parents Network of Chicago, (NPN), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to connect a diverse community of families with the support and resources designed to solve the challenges of parenting in Chicago. NPN helps parents research schools, navigate developmental differences, and get parent-to-parent advice. Learn more at npnparents.org.
NPN is proud to be an inclusive organization and welcomes families of all cultures and backgrounds, regardless of gender, gender identity, race, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, or ability.
Purpose of the Internship
The Auction Coordinator intern will assist NPN in its mission and goals by coordinating NPN’s online auction. NPN’s online auction is our largest fundraiser of the year and is extremely important in NPN’s ability to provide programming and resources to Chicago families. The Auction Coordinator intern will assist in securing items from local businesses by identifying businesses to solicit, coordinating volunteers, soliciting items, and corresponding with donors over email and phone.
Not all applicants will have skills that match this description exactly. NPN values diverse experiences and encourages everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to apply. We always look for people who will bring something new to the table!
● Experience working on an online or in-person fundraising auction
● Organized, able to work both independently and as part of a team
● Excellent writing skills
● Strong customer service skills
● Internally motivated to celebrate and support all types of Chicago families including but not limited to families with one parent, families of children with developmental differences, new parents, experienced parents, LGBTQIA+ parents and children, and families across all income brackets, races, and religions.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Contribute to NPN’s online auction
● Meet with the Executive Director online or in-person on a regular basis
● Attend staff meetings as-needed. (Most staff meetings are virtual.)
● Coordinate volunteers if needed
● Follow NPN on social media and share posts regularly
Strong interpersonal skills and excellent writing skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Microsoft Word, Excel
We are a supportive, inclusive, hard-working team. We support each other in our work-life balance and believe in the best of each other. We are professional, scrappy, and hardworking. We believe in the value of NPN.
This is a part-time, flexible, remote position requiring a minimum of 10 hours per week. NPN is open to candidates seeking a larger time commitment. The time commitment and work schedule will be determined during the interview process.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Amy Johnson at email@example.com. Enter “Auction Coordinator Intern” in the subject line.