Welcome to NPN Volunteering! We love our volunteers and hope you will enjoy your time working with us and meeting all of the amazing families we connect with all over Chicago. We want to help you find a role that is just right for you and your interests, experience, and schedule.
We ask that all volunteers help us with the following:
- Be an advocate. Help actively market NPN’s mission, programs, and events through word of mouth, email, and social media.
- Get to know NPN’s programs, services, and events. Check the calendar and share information about upcoming events with your contacts.
- Maintain member privacy. Keeping all membership information, including email addresses, member ID numbers, phone numbers, and other contact information confidential.
- Attend Volunteer Meetings and NPN Events – meet NPN Staff, other volunteers, and the Chicago community.
- Help event attendees and program participants have a great NPN experience!
T here are many fun ways to get involved – please check out the following specific volunteer roles
- SOCIAL GROUP CHAIR (Social, Support, and Neighborhood Club Chairs)
- NEW MOMS GROUP HOST
- COMMITTEE MEMBER
- DONE IN A DAY CONTRIBUTOR
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Social and Support Group volunteers coordinate NPN events all over Chicago to help members and non-members meet, help each other, and get to know NPN. The Co-Chairs work closely with NPN Program Staff to plan and execute events and serve as a liaison between NPN and the community.
TIME COMMITMENT: 1 hour per week
NPN’s New Moms Group program brings new mothers together to meet, share experiences and gain information and support. The Host welcomes the group of new moms into her home once a week for three consecutive weeks and helps initiate introductions and provide further discussions and support on infant/mother related topics. NPN will provide the Host with the appropriate educational and informational materials to distribute at the first meeting.
TIME COMMITMENT: 4.5 hours (1.5 hours per week for three weeks)
NPN has several committees for members who are looking to get more involved:
- School Fair
- Wake Up and Boogie Down (Family Festival)
- Strategic Planning
- Fundraising/Silent Auction
TIME COMMITMENT: varies; usually one 2 hour meeting every 2-3 months. Meetings are generally held in the evenings.
Done in a Day volunteers assist with events such as the school fair, outreach events, fundraisers, etc. Volunteers will check-in with the NPN Program Staff to receive day-of instructions and guidance. View our list of volunteer opportunities and sign up today!
TIME COMMITMENT: 2-3 hours per event
The Board of Directors is such an important part of how our nonprofit operates and changes to meet the needs of our members. Board members each offer a unique combination of experience, skills, ideas, and a dedication to NPN.
Volunteering with NPN can be a fulfilling experience! To brainstorm how you personally can make a difference, or for more general information on volunteering, email email@example.com