5 tips for the Developmental Differences Resource Fair
Written by: Laura Baginski
On Sunday, March 11, Developmental Differences Resource Fair brings together service providers, school options and other resources in one place that focus on serving parents of children with developmental differences (developmental delays, sensory processing disorder, autism, ADHD, PDD-NOS, mixed receptive-expressive language disorder, Down syndrome and physical disabilities). Register now to reserve your spot for this free fair!
Here are our top 5 tips to be prepared for the fair:
1. Panel discussions are first-come-first-served. Space is limited, so please arrive early for the panel discussions you would like to attend to ensure your spot. The scheduled panels are as follows:
- 10am - When Late-night Googling Hasn't Resolved Your Concerns: How a Developmental Pediatrician or a Neuropsychologist Can Help
- 12pm - Managing All Aspects of Bullying
- 1pm - IEP 101
2. Daylight Saving Time is 2am on Sunday, the day of the fair! Don't forget to set your clocks one hour ahead.
3. Children are welcome in the exhibitor hall but panel discussions are adults-only.
4. Check out our list of exhibitors to determine which you'd like to visit. If you have trouble finding an exhibitor, ask an NPN staffer or volunteer for help.
5. There is an attached school parking lot, street parking, as well as parking at McFetridge Park, one block north of DePaul College Prep. Please enter the gymnasium through the doors on California Ave.
We look forward to seeing you at the fair!
Posted on March 05, 2015 at 2:29 PM