You went to the NPN School Fair. What's next in your search?
You've had some time since the NPN Preschool & Elementary School Fair to decompress. Now what? Your search most likely will not stop now. Here are some additional steps to consider.
- NPN's Virtual School Tours are a great way to supplement what you learned at the School Fair, and check out the schools you didn't see at the fair. You can browse by map location, or choose to sort schools by type or grade—all from the comfort of your couch!
- Use NPN's school directory and create a My Directory in your NPN account. You can customize your search, narrow it down, save a list and even take a look at where the schools are located on a Google map. This is the only comprehensive school directory in Chicago. Use it!
- Didn't make it to the CPS 101 workshop at the School Fair? Watch the NPN calendar for our next session!
- Follow up with those private schools you chatted with at the fair. Make sure you have all the information you need, including application deadlines and how to schedule a tour.
- Remember, the CPS application period for the 2018-2019 school year opens Oct. 10, and the deadline to apply is Dec. 22. Go to the new streamlined CPS site, go.cps.edu, to apply.
- If you have narrowed down your list of CPS schools, call them to get tour dates. What do you ask schools during your tour? We suggest these 9 questions.
Have other questions about Chicago school search or about particular schools? Go to the NPN discussion forum and start a thread. Our parent members are happy to help!
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 3:32 PM