The top 7 reasons to go to NPN's school fair
Whether your child is starting school next fall, or still a baby or the size of an olive in your belly, you will get valuable information about Chicago schools at NPN’s Preschool & Elementary School Fair on Oct. 16 at Grossinger Autoplex in Lincoln Park. Reps from nearly 150 public and private schools will be on hand to tell you about their schools and answer your questions.
Here are 7 reasons why NPN’s school fair is not to be missed.
1. You'll get lots of face time. This is your best opportunity to interact one-on-one with school personnel from public and private schools all over the city. Get your questions answered all in one place. Talk to parents and admissions directors alike to get a feel for how the school operates on a daily basis.
2. It doesn't matter where you are in your search. This event is helpful whether you are just curious about what types of schools are out there or if you've narrowed it down and need to ask some last-minute questions.
3. You can bond with other parents. Meet other NPN members going through the same school search process. Commiserate with one another about how daunting the process can be without the right help and collaborate on notes.
4. Anyone can come. Our Preschool & Elementary School Fair is open to the public! Non-members can pay $25/person to join the fun. Or you can become a member, get free access to the fair and get the amazing benefits and resources that NPN provides for an entire year, including discounts from hundreds of businesses around the city, new moms groups, neighborhood clubs, a school directory and so much more.
5. Seasoned CPS parents will be there. At many of the school's booths, you'll be able to talk to real CPS parents that have been through the application process. You can talk to them about wait lists, selective enrollment, parental involvement and anything else you can think of.
6. You can learn the ins and outs of CPS. NPN is hosting a CPS 101 breakout session at the school fair. Learn about different types of CPS schools (Montessori, classical, language, gifted, magnet, etc.), admission processes and application information, selective enrollment testing process, lottery/waitlists and more. But here's the sad part: It’s sold out. Don't despair, though—NPN hosts many CPS 101 classes throughout the year; check our calendar at npnparents.org/calendar for upcoming events.
7. You'll learn about more than schools. Fantastic exhibitors offering non-school-related resources for your kids will be on hand—language, swimming, therapy and more!
Convinced? Register now and we'll see you there!
Posted on September 26, 2014 at 7:35 AM