You know you have a city kid when - Big vote!
Written by: Sarah Cobb
Thank you to everyone who submitted their awesome NPN City Kid (& Baby) Photos! We received so many awesome photos - it was not an easy decision. Each one reminds us how awesome Chicago is and how much cooler our little urban dwellers make it.
Please visit our NPN Facebook page to check out more of our favorites. Vote and help us pick the winning NPN City Kid photo before 9/5! The winner will be published in our winter issue of NPN Parent to Parent. The perfect keapsake for any NPN family!
- Getting bundled up to get mommy's coffee - from Holly
- Enjoying the view from the ledge! - from Amy
- Playing in our city yard - from Alexa
Some great new additions to "You know you are a city kid when"....
- Your friends' rooftop deck is just as much fun as a backyard!
- On an evening bike ride around the neighborhood, he checks out different graffiti under the Ravenswood overpass (Ravenswood/Sunnyside) which is constantly re-painted over, and on this day he exclaimed- "Mom! Look at this funny clown guy here today! I love this painting!'
- Visiting our friends in the burbs your kid yels Stop! Don't run into the street!" when other kids are running from one house to another. Poor thing, she didn't know what a driveway was!
- He calls Millennium Park his local hang out.
- Your twins have regular tummy time on the great lawn in front of the Field Museum with the gorgeous Chicago city skyline as their view.
- They have a first picnic at Buckingham Fountain
- 'let's go to the splash pad!' means the Crown Fountain in Millennium Park!
- Staring at the lake, your son talks about “his backyard”
- You've been going on the el for dr. visits, street fests, and play dates!
- When you kids can nap anywhere - especially in backpack carriers!
- When you and your city kid have a favorite coffee shop!
- Your little hipster music lovin' daughter loves Chicago music festivals!
- Your kid sleeps through police and fire engine sirens all night.
- You drop off your kid at daycare in a stroller, not a car.
- Your kid has a city curfew that's stricter than what Mom and Dad would offer.
Thank you for sharing your City Kid Moments with us! Thanks to Britax for sponsorting this awesome giveaway.Posted on August 25, 2011 at 8:15 PM