Potluck Playground Playdate
Written by: Anne Book
Hello Chicago Families & Friends-
Let me guess, you can’t believe it is already August! Where has the summer gone?
You also have a list of friends that, like me, you promised to get together with and still have not seen! Sound familiar? So, let’s all make a Summer Resolution and get those friends together by planning a Potluck Playground Party!
Start by picking an easy local park or tot lot. I love the little one at the end of my street. It has picnic tables, water fountains, and is clean and close to restrooms. Make a list of who you want to invite and pick and evening, and time- ( perhaps the way things are going a rain date too!). Send the email and ask everyone to share the task of bringing something from your Potluck List.
As the party “hostess”/ initiator, I would suggest providing the main food for the group. Make it cheap and easy. Order delivery to the playground from the closest little neighborhood dive or pizza or subs place. We have a great Mexican restaurant next door to our lot, and I will be ordering chips, dips, & quesadillas.
Ask friends to bring something to add to the feast or fun!
Heres my potluck party list:
- Coolers with Ice for drinks for all- capri suns, waters and kid drinks as well as something clever and refreshing for the big boys and girls- (wink).
- Savory and Sweet Treats: Chips and Dips, Candy, Brownies, Rice Krispie treats, are a few easy suggestions for homemade sweet treats.
- Wagon loaded with water balloons.
- Bubble Blowers and Bubbles
- Water Spray Toys, Squirt Guns. (Essential to have a location with a water fountain).
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Football, Soccer balls. Have a little pick up game?
Hope this inspires everyone to have some cheap and easy August Fun!
Credits: Image via www.rivercountry101.com.