NPN 2013 Online Auction - Guide to Great Bidding
Written by: Alison Ray
The Biggest NPN Shopping Event of the year is open for Bidding! (Closes Sunday May 5th - 9pm CST)
Now that you've had a chance see our more than $65,000 in goodies for you and your friends, make sure to place YOUR maximum bids online! We know how crazy life can get - set your max bid and rest easy. You can stop back in and visit "your items" or check your email notifications to make sure you are still in the lead. This event is open to the public – tell your friends, post it on Facebook!
Auction Site: www.biddingforgood.com/npnparents
How To Bid:
- Go to: http://www.biddingforgood.com/npnparents
- If you are new to Bidding For Good online auctions, click the Register to Bid button in the top center of the homepage. Enter necessary contact information and click “Submit”
- If you already have a Bidding For Good account, type in your username and password and click “Sign In”
- Click the left hand side View All Items button to peruse 300 amazing items OR click on individual categories to shop item by list.
- Select the item(s) on which you’d like to bid
- Enter your current bid, maximum bid and/or straight bid. For more information about these types of bids, see below. Make sure to click the Confirm Bid button to ensure that your bid is properly processed
- Track your bids by clicking the My Items button.
- To update your account or credit card information, click the My Account button
- Check your email for updates when there is activity on your items
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to enter credit card information into the system in order to bid? Yes. Your bid is considered your commitment to purchase the item at that price. If you win the item, the credit card used will be charged for the item you purchased.
- What is a “Proxy Bid”? The website will bid for you, at the lowest
- possible increment needed, up to your specified maximum bid, enabling you to become the leading bidder.
- What is a “Maximum Bid”? Your maximum bid is the highest price you are willing to spend on an item via proxy bidding scenario. You can always increase your maximum bid if you’d like or if you’ve been outbid.
- What is a “Straight Bid”? A straight bid allows you to bid higher than the minimum increment immediately, instead of having to wait until the bidding is increased to that level. Enter the amount you would like to bid on an item, and check the "Straight Bid" option. The bid will be placed immediately at the amount entered.
- Is there a “Buy It Now” option? No. For the NPN Silent Auction, there is no “Buy It Now” option.
- Will I be notified via email if I am outbid? Yes. Bidders are automatically opted to receive Bid Alerts when they are outbid.
Facebook and Tweet with #ShopNPN and share the news:
#Shop & #Save everything #Chicago #parents & friends want @NPNParents Online Auction http://ow.ly/kdQGh #ShopNPN #Open2PublicPosted on April 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM