Soothing Baby to Sleep
Looking for a good night’s sleep? We know how tired you are - so here are some quick and effective tips.
The experts at Smart Love Family Services shared great tips on infant sleep at our July Expectant & New Parents event. Over 30 new and expecting parents (with some adorable babies!) learned about the norms of infant sleep, tips on helping baby fall asleep, and strategies for coping with sleepless nights.
Didn’t make it to the event? Here are some top sleep tips from Kelley Perez of Smart Love.
Tips for Helping Baby Fall Asleep Happily
- Use a bedtime ritual consistently night after night, such as bath, story, feeding and bed.
- Put your baby in the crib when sleepy but not asleep. If you need to, help your baby settle by singing or humming a soothing song or rubbing your baby’s tummy, then leave the room.
- Babies can be noisy sleepers and can make grunting and complaining sounds. If crying escalates, then return to comfort using the least intrusive measures first, rather than immediately reaching to pick up your baby.
- In the middle of the night, respond to your baby in a non-stimulating, low-key and soothing manner.
- Helping babies become good sleepers takes time, but offers a big payoff in the future both for you and your child. Try to get support from family members and others so you can get the rest and support you need during these early intensive months.
Lucky winners of our free raffle were thrilled with their prizes- including a Britax B-Agile Stroller, Britax Baby Carrier, photography session with Bum Bul Bee Photography, consultation with Olive.You.Nanny, and more. Check out the amazing event photographs courtesy of Bum Bul Bee Photograhy!
Join us at the next Expectant & New Parents event for more learning, connections, and fun! And after the baby arrives, make sure you sign up for a New Moms Group - the unique NPN program that connects you with a group of brand new moms in a member's home. See you soon!Posted on July 24, 2011 at 8:14 PM