You've Got Mail! NPN Forum Private Messaging is here!
Written by: Sarah Cobb
It is finally here! NPN Members can now send and receive Private Messages via our Discussion Forums!
We have all been there - you want to get in touch with another NPN member and you don't want to post your personal contact information:
- A crib is for sale and you want to buy it
- A nanny posted her services
- A family wants to do a nanny share or recommend their nanny
- A parent is going through a rough situation where you feel like you can help
- You want to contact a parent who is at your child's school
- You want to set up a playdate with a family in your neighborhood
Have any concerns?
- If you cringe at the idea of Private Messages - no fear! You can easily enable and disable this feature. However, we do encourage everyone to leave it enabled so when you need to get in touch with someone you have the option.
- Afraid you may be harrassed by someone you seem to keep going head to head with on hot topics? Don't worry! There is also an IGNORE feature. You can actually block specific users from sending you Private Messages (& more!).
To get started -
- Log in. Visit the FORUM and find your FORUM NAME in the top right hand corner
- Click on your name to access the PERSONAL MESSENGER link
- Click "Click here to reactive your messenger" - you are ready to go! You will see an new ENVELOPE icon near your FORUM NAME!
- IMPORTANT: You cannot send a Personal Message to an ANONYMOUS post's author.
Download this easy to use printable Private Messaging How-To Guide! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.