Oct 13 Preschool & Elementary School Fair - Must-Have Details
Written by: Sarah Cobb
The Saturday, Oct. 13 Annual NPN Preschool & Elementry School Fair is just days away! Here are all of the details you need to prepare, arrive, and have a great school search experience.
PREPARING FOR THE EVENT
- Read School Fair 101 for what to expect and how to prepare.
- Create your Must-Visit list - what exhibitors you want to make sure you connect with. To see who will be exhibiting at this Saturday's School Fair - scroll to the bottom of the School Fair Event page.
- Clean out your book shelves and bring a bag of gently used children's books to donate to Open Books - support Chicago literacy programs!!!
- IMPORTANT: On the day of the event, please leave your children at home, wear comfortable shoes, and allow extra time to arrive (especially if you need to park). We stronly recommend taking public transportation.
GETTING TO THE EVENT
- Grossinger City Autoplex, 1530 N. Dayton (Map). IMPORTANT > GROSSINGER'S PARKING GARAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE
- GO GREEN & SAVE TIME: Public transportation is VERY close: North/Clyborn Redline stop and near several bus lines (e.g., Halsted and North Ave)
- PARKING: $6 Discounted 2 hour Parking available 1555 N. Sheffield (FFC lot near North & Sheffield) - NOTE - You must get a validation ticket when you check in at the fair. NOTE: Grossinger parking is NOT avaialble. There are additional paid lots and metered parking in the neighborhood
CHECK IN & START YOUR SEARCH
- Enter Grossinger on the Dayton side and get checked in. Please arrive during your designated time slot (as listed on your eTicket) to help us manage event capacity. VIP attendees can arrive at any time and go straight to the front of the line (Learn more about VIP access!)
- When you arrive, use the printed School Fair Program to see what exhibitors are there, what program they offer, and to track your progress.
- Take a deep breath and try to balance time between your Must-See list with a bit of exploring. You may discover some interesting new options!
- If you have questions, please ask our team of NPN staff and volunteers. We are here to help you!
Thanks to our sponsors for helping NPN to bring even more exhibitors and resources to Chicago families: Grossinger City Autoplex, Mabel's Labels, Gourmet Gorilla, North Community Bank, and Peet's Coffee & Tea. Thank you to our media sponsor Chicago Parent Magazine.
At all three NPN School Fairs, we are collecting books for www.Open-Books.org. Open Books is a nonprofit social venture that operates abookstore, provides community programs, and mobilizes volunteers to promote literacy in Chicago. Please bring a few of your used Children's books to help families all over the city.