Top 10 Reasons to Attend Chicago KIDS Day
Written by: Dr Sarah Weber
Warm weather is here and many of Chicago's street festivals and block parties will be sprouting up soon. Mark your calendars for May 19th because Chicago Kids Day is the one event you don't want to miss. This amazing festival focuses on children's health & wellness- with huge amounts of fun thrown in! Here are the top ten reasons you and your family should plan on spending your morning at Chicago KIDS Day:
- Have fun while learning about health, safety, development & more from local Lakeview businesses, which offer services to help keep your kids healthy and happy!
- Games and prizes for everyone! Score a goal with Lil' Kickers, brush a dinosaur's teeth with Yummy Dental, get your arts/crafts on with Smart Love Family Services and much more.
- Enter the coloring contest for a chance to win $250 money for your school! Download the coloring sheet here.
- It's like a carnival in your back yard, complete with face painting and balloon artistry.
- Free information! Many booths will offer free healthy screenings and the opportunity to learn about healthy living and eating for your entire family. Stop by Total Balance Chiropractic for free spinal screening.
- Free food! Health snacks galore! Feast some delicious snacks from Happy Baby, Lifeway Kefir, KIND Bars, Pirate's Brand and more.
- Raffle prizes! Enter for a chance to win a great prize. Goodies from Building Block Toy Store for everyone entering.
- Get involved! Outreach events like this provide you the opportunity to show your child how to get involved in their communities.
- Create great memories! Year after year we provide a space where parents and kids can spend quality time together learning, laughing and having a fun time. All the necessities for creating great memories!
- Did someone say naptime? After all that fun the kids will need a nice long nap!
Chicago KIDS Day is brought to you by Total Balance Chiropractic, Neighborhood Parents Network, the Lake View YMCA, and Star Events. Save the date- Sat. May 19th, 10am-2pm and we'll see you there. Goody bags for the first 200 families so get their early and stay through the whole fest for an amazing morning celebrating your children! Visit our event page for a complete list of sponsors, activities and more.Posted on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM