New Website Updates & Changes
Written by: Sarah Cobb
Wow - we finally dug out of our own NPN Forums 2011 Bliz-aster! While trying to import our 200,000 discussion forum posts and hundreds of thousands of forum replies - the server came to a screeching halt. The outage was required to repair the forums issues caused by this import .
We are listening to all of your feedback (good + bad) and thank you for your patience and understanding. Please bear with us as we make changes and try to give you the best NPN website experience we can.
The following changes were completed while we repaired the forum import issues:
- Bringing back your old posts - Discussion from the old site will be back and replies will be attached to the original post
- Sorting will be back - Bumping/replying to a post will bring it to the top of the Recent Discussions
- Removing # Views column to improve performance and usability
- You will be able to edit your discussion forum posts/replies and delete your replies
- Cancel your RSVP to an event from MY ACCOUNT page
- PLEASE NOTE - when posting - it takes about 1-2 minutes for your post to appear - this enables us to improve performance. If you see a "post made successfully message" - please do not repost.
Changes we want to make sure you are aware of as you get used to the new site:
- Log in with your NPN email address and your password (all case sensitive)
- All users have a new ID# on forums - due to a technical requirement - we had to do it - your old posts will also reflect this new ID#
- Check your MY ACCOUNT page for My Discussions and My Events - great way to keep track of your discussions until Friday when the sorting issue is fixed.
Future enhancements and fixes:
- We have a LONG list of ideas to improve the site and fixes that are planned for the very near future. We are listening and writing down all of your ideas.
- As we confirm with Firebelly Design that things are coming - we will let you know here!
Having trouble logging in? Site is not looking right?
- Please use your NPN email address and old password to access the new site (both are case sensitive) - you no longer will be able to log in with your member ID #
- If you still cannot access the site, please try: 1) Closing your browsers and opening a new one, 2) Clear your cache - Safari > Clear cache OR Firefox > Tools > Clear browser history, and 3) Type in www.npnparents.org (rather than an old bookmark)
- Now Log in with your NPN email address and your password (both are case sensitive)
- Site showing up and you still can't log in? -> try "Forgot password" link or please contact us.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/issues.
Thank you!Posted on January 31, 2011 at 1:20 PM