The NPN Preschool & Elementary School Fair is just days away! Here are all of the details you need to help you prepare before you arrive on Sunday, Oct. 16, in order to have a great school search experience. (Haven't registered yet? There are still a few spots left! Register here.)
PREPARING FOR THE EVENT
- Want to personalize your search criteria? You can do this with My Directory. Choose up to 30 schools, view them on a map, and save them to a custom PDF to print and bring with you to the fair.
- Check out the 2016 fair program's full exhibitor list to see which schools and vendors will be there and create your "must-visit" list (use your My Directory list as guidance).
- Make a game plan. Some attendees bring a spouse to divide and conquer, each with a separate list of schools to talk to. Others prefer to talk to the schools together. And others would rather go it alone without anyone holding them back! Keep in mind that it takes most attendees about 90 minutes to get through the fair, and the busiest time is when the doors open at 10am.
DAY OF THE EVENT
- We are expecting more than 1,000 attendees! Print out your ticket for faster entry into the fair.
- Parking: You can park in the FFC lot (1555 N. Sheffield) for 12 hours for $8 with validation. Ask an NPN staffer for validation when you check in.
- Wear comfortable shoes, and allow extra time to arrive (especially if you need to park).
- When you arrive, use the printed School Fair Program to see which exhibitors are there and what programs they offer—and to take notes.
- Take a deep breath and try to balance time between your "must-visit" list with a bit of exploring. You may discover some interesting new options!
- If you have questions, please ask our team of NPN staff and volunteers. We are here to help you!
9 questions parents should ask schools
A primer on elementary school terms
How to choose a great school without going nuts
October 12, 2015 at 2:54 PM