Circus in the Parks - One-of-a-kind Chicago fun!
Written by: Sarah Cobb
NPN is proud to sponsor this year’s Circus in the Parks series. The Midnight Circus team is back to bring you a one-of-a-kind family-friendly circus experience! Money raised will go to support the Chicago Park District. We love our Chicago parks and these performances are guaranteed to thrill and entertain. The perfect way to spend a lovely day doing something surprising in a great Chicago neighborhood.
This year is an all new show and an all new little Big Top. An purple and blue tent with open sides if weather is good – so no worries if it rains! And there are no bad seats. Since 2007, Circus in the Parks has helped the park advisory councils, who volunteer to support the event, to raise over $160,000 for park renovations. An incredible community based partnership!
Don't miss our NPN Circus raffle - Like NPN on Facebook and comment here OR email us, email@example.com. Tell us why you want to take the kiddos to Circus in the Parks this fall! We are raffling off one family-4 pack each week for the next 4 weeks. Each winner get to choose one of 24 shows; 6 parks, 4 shows each!
Last fall, my family checked out Circus in the Parks at Wells Park. It was a cool evening so we had on jeans and light sweaters.
There is a semi-circle set up with bleachers. In front of the bleachers is enough space for families to spread out a blanket, get comfy, and enjoy the show. A must-see for Chicago families with kids ranging from the youngest to, well, the very grown up kind.
From clowns to acrobats – the fun is non-stop. Big smiles all the way around.
My Circus in the Parks Packing List:
- Picnic Blanket – in case you do not snag a bleachers spot – which is ok – I promise. Depending on the weather, bleacher bums can also get chilly – picnic blanket can double as a seat warmer.
- Light blanket – again, based on the forecast, this is an semi-outdoor show
- Easy to pack beverages and snacks – my daughter always wants to drink and eat at a show – we came prepared! Some concessions are available for purchase in case you forget : )
Here are the basics to plan your Circus in the Parks adventure:
2011 Circus In The Parks Tour - Each park has 4 performances: Saturdays at 2 & 5 pm and Sundays at 1 & 4 pm:
- Sep 17 & 18 (Register for Welles Park - 2333 W. Sunnyside Ave.)
- Sep 24 & 25 (Register for Holstein Park - 2200 N. Oakley Ave.)
- Oct 1 & 2 (Register for Independence Park - 3945 N. Springfield Ave.)
- Oct 8 & 9 (Register for Mt. Greenwood Park - 3724 W. 111th St.)
- Oct 15 & 16 (Register for Commercial Park - 1845 W. Rice St.)
- Oct 22 & 23 (Register for Chase Park - 4701 N. Ashland Ave.)
All Tickets $15.00 - Children under the age of 3 are free!
Purchase tickets by clicking on the links above or visit the Circus in the Parks site today and enjoy this amazing Chicago experience with your little ones!!! The perfect way to have a blast and support our Chicago Parks.
Thank you Circus in the Parks for sharing these event with NPN Parents!
Posted on September 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM