Nannies child care
Finding a nanny you can trust is one of the toughest and most stressful tasks of being a new parent. How do you know if her discipline style matches yours? Will she show up on time? Love your child almost as much as you do? Teach your little one through play or plop him in front of the TV all day?
The only real way to know the answers to these questions is to talk to a parent who has hired the nanny to care for her own children. And that's exactly what sets NPN's Child Care Classifieds apart. When NPN members can no longer employ their beloved nannies—whether because their child is going to school or daycare full time or because something else is changing in their family dynamic—they write a simple post on our Child Care Classifieds forum describing their nanny, when she'll be available and how to contact her.
A parent recommendation is crucial, but being able to chat with that parent and ask questions about the nanny is invaluable. Most parents who post about their nanny are more than happy to talk on the phone or email with other parents who may want to hire her. What better way to vet a nanny before even starting the interview process?
But don't just take it from us. Check out these testimonals from NPN members who found their nannies on our Child Care Classifieds.
"We hired our nanny through a posting on NPN and we love her. She has been with us since our older son was six months old, and he will be five in November. She's truly become a member of our family and honestly is the only reason I feel like we have a happy and organized home." — Elizabeth, Albany Park
"We found our nanny on NPN and completely and utterly adore her! The NPN mom she was working for posted on Child Care Classifieds recommending her and everything seemed to click. We are going on 2 years and she is one of the best things that ever happened to our family. She has made me a better mother and I am certain my kids will turn out to be better people because she has been in their lives." — Erin, Wrigleyville
"I found her through another NPN mom. Talked with the mom and did our due diligence and then met with our nanny for an interview. I liked her right away as she saw that we leave our shoes off and asked if she could too, and then went to go wash her hands before holding my son. She knew how to connect with babies, I could tell. We love and trust her. She has been with us part time since my son was 9 weeks old. He is now 2.5 and they both love each other." — Sunny, Lakeview
Become an NPN member to take advantage of our unparalleld Child Care Classifieds, not to mention the many other benefits of membership, including:
- Parent Education - NPN hosts parent workshops on topics such as infant sleep and potty training with some of the most well-respected experts in their fields.
- Discussion Forum - Pose a question or jump in with an answer about everything from labor/delivery to schools to where to find a plumber on a moment's notice. Post as yourself or anonymously.
- School Search - We have a robust school directory that you can search with your own criteria, school choice programming and two big annual School Fairs.
- Parent Perks - Your NPN membership gives you thousands of dollars of discounts from local and national businesses that cater to parents.
- Fun events every month - Our calendar is full of parties, play dates and moms' nights out, and many are FREE!
- New Moms Groups - Meet moms who face the same changes, challenges and joys you are experiencing as a new parent.
- Parent to Parent newsletter - Our quarterly print newsletter is filled with parenting advice and stories from our members.
Need to renew your membership? Click here.