What is the difference between a classical and gifted school? What does the testing process involve? What can my child do to prepare? How do admissions work? How do I know if these programs are right for my child?
Going beyond the basic information given at our popular CPS 101 seminars, CPS 201 covers CPS Selective Enrollment Elementary Schools (SEES). This CPS 201 Questions & Answers session, presented by Grace Lee Sawin of Chicago School GPS, will include:
- Updates on the selective enrollment elementary school application process
- New information about selection criteria and admissions process
- Dedicated time to answer your questions. Come with a list! We will get through as many of your questions as possible.
We highly recommend that you watch this CPS 201 video recording before attending the live Questions & Answers session.
- Watching this video before hand will allow us time to answer your more complex questions in the live event.
- You may also want to watch CPS 101: Understanding Tiers in preparation for the live Q&A.
- NOTE: These recorded videos are for NPN members only. To access the videos, join NPN now for $25 using promo code school21 (new members only) and enjoy all of the benefits that NPN offers.
Please note: This event covers elementary school programs beginning at kindergarten and first grade in great depth. We will also touch on Academic Centers (7th and 8th grades). CPS preschool, magnet, and neighborhood/open enrollment options will NOT be covered in this discussion. If you are just beginning your research on Chicago Public Schools, we recommend viewing the CPS 101 webinars available in our NPN Video Library.
This event is FREE and exclusive to NPN's Preschool & Elementary School Fair registrants.
- To attend this event, register for the fair here.
Questions? Email Amy Johnson: email@example.com.
Thank you to our media partner: Crain's Chicago Business.