The Dailey Method: 10 Tips to Stay Fit & Healthy Before & After Baby
As you get ready for the baby to arrive and as you return to working out after the big day, here are my 5 reasons to exercise before baby and 5 tips to lose the last 5 pounds after the baby. Our team at The Dailey Method works with so many soon to be and new moms – so we are thrilled to partner with NPN as the 1st stop in their Fit & Healthy Before & After Baby Tour. PLUS – enter our NPN Giveaway before 7/22 to win (1) unlimited month of The Dailey Method-Bucktown classes!
5 Reasons to Exercise Before Baby
- Give yourself an hour to yourself- full 60 minutes of release! A complete mind/body workout helps you focus and truly let go of your stress and anxiety.
- Finding and developing your transverse abdominals - this will not only help you get back into shape after baby, but will help with labor!! At TDM we educate you on how to find and contract your deepest layer of abdominals to help you have that quick and fast labor every pregnant woman hopes for.
- Look great and feel great about yourself!! An intense but low impact workout can give you sexy arms, long-lean thighs a lifted seat while that little basketball grows! Feel great and look great while pregnant!
- Meet other soon-to-be moms! The Dailey Method is a safe yet intense workout that soon-to-be moms, moms and families can enjoy together. There is a large lounge area that is provided for moms to connect after class, kids are running and continuing to play while not wanting to leave to toy room and moms are able to get that shower in our spa-like facilities for continued and needed “me” time. We’ve created an environment and culture for families to enjoy!
- Have FUN!!! You don’t have to be miserable or bored when working out! Workout to fun, loud music while doing a different class every day but working the same muscle groups! Always fun, always full-body and focused!
5 Tips to Lose the Last 5 Pounds After Baby
- Take an exercise class, like The Dailey Method, 3-5 times a week.
- Drink plenty of water and eat well-balanced meals.
- Try a Blue Print Cleanse (after nursing of course).
- Get outside! Take walks with baby twice a day to get fresh air and decrease stress (stress creates a hormone that makes you gain weight).
- Get as much sleep and rest as you are able. Ask friends and family to help where possible – don’t try to take it all on yourself!