Playtime Planner: A Star-Spangled Day Off
Written by: Kimberly Bares
When a holiday/day-off arrives, most families begin the day with a nice slow start, a “lazy dazy” morning in my house, and everything is all pajamas and pancakes. Then you quickly realize you have to have a plan to keep everyone reasonably busy and smiling - especially through the witching hours.
Here is my Star-Spangled July 4th Playtime Planner – a list of fun-filled snacks, crafts, snuggles, and stories – even for your littlest one to enjoy today and throughout the holiday weekend.
- American Flag Assembly Party – make your own American Flag breakfast
- DIY Fireworks (noise & danger free!) - for the big kids & the little ones
- Cookie Cutter Sandwiches – cookie cutters and toothpicks are great tools to spruce up sandwiches, watermelon, apple slices, berries, and more!
- Sweet Treat - no holiday is complete without a treat for the family to make & enjoy
- Judge a book by its Color - pick bedtime stories based on Red, White, & Blue covers - you may stumble on some overlooked gems buried in the bookshelves.
Want more Playtime-Planner ideas? Visit our Holiday Fun Pinterest Board. Have a happy, safe, and super fun 4th of July!