Parent to Parent Newsletter
Since NPN was founded in 1980, Parent to Parent has been an oppoertunity for parents to share their stories and gain insights into how to thrive as a parent in Chicago. Writing an article for Parent to Parent is a great way to reach out and connect with our members and community.
Parent to Parent is now in full color, and NPN distributes 5,000+ copies of each issue, via mail to members’ homes, in doctors' offices and our partners' businesses, and from friend to friend. NPN also distributes copies at our events. A pdf version of each issue is available on NPN’s website and emailed to more than 8,000 NPN members.
Contributing articles to Parent to Parent
NPN is always looking for members to write articles for Parent to Parent. Articles on all subjects related to parenting are welcome, including child care, education, new parenting, working parents and heath care. We also welcome essays relating your personal experiences in parenting, as well as ideas for fun family activities, including recipes, project instructions and more. If you are interested in writing an article, email your ideas and/or article to email@example.com. And Dads, this includes you! Please also review the terms of the Contributor's Agreement below before submitting your article.
Contributor Guidelines and Recommendations
To submit an article, review the Contributor's Agreement and email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. NPN does not guarantee publication, and we reserve the right to edit articles for length, style and content. We do not pay writers or photographers who contribute to Parent to Parent.
- We suggest a word count of 500 words.
- Please list the year you joined NPN in your byline.
- Include a few subheads to break up long text blocks.
- Include practical tips or advice that make your article useful to readers.
- Make your article very specific, unlike articles one could find on parenting websites or in parenting magazines—either because it’s very personal or very Chicago.
- Gear your topic primarily to expectant parents and those with children six years old and younger, although it’s fine to include ideas and thoughts beyond this age range.
- Feel free to mention the value of NPN and how it helped you as a parent (which would be most appreciated!).
- List any outside resources you have used at the end of your article.
- Please provide a short bio at the end of your article (50 words or less, doesn’t count toward your total word count).
- Send a photo or two of you with your family, or one that works with your topic. You must own the rights to use this photo.
By submitting an article to NPN for use in Parent to Parent or in our NPN Blog, you agree to the following terms:
- I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to Neighborhood Parents Network (NPN). NPN may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify NPN for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.
- I understand that plagiarism is the act of submitting work that, in part or whole, includes the work of another person—work that I did not write. This includes, but is not limited to, copying words from another source without indicating in some manner (i.e., footnotes, quotation marks or some other means of reference) that these words or ideas come from a source other than myself. In submitting my work to NPN for consideration for inclusion in NPN's newsletter, I certify that all of my work submitted to NPN represents solely my own work and is not in any way plagiarized, in part or in entirety. I am aware of NPN's commitment to publishing only original work created by its members and I understand that plagiarism is a serious offense.
- I understand that the NPN staff may edit my article to correspond to our editorial style as well as for length. NPN also reserves the right to decline your article due to lack of space or other editorial reasons.
- I grant permission to NPN to use photographs taken by me for use in NPN publications or its website. Photos may be reused in these platforms without notifying me. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the photographs or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photographs. I hereby agree to release and hold harmless NPN from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any re-use, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in production of the finished product
Thank you for your interest in Parent to Parent. We look forward to hearing from you!