Live in Chicago and new to this whole parenting thing? Neighborhood Parents Network was created nearly 40 years ago to help parents just like you connect to resources to make parenting easier—and connect to other parents to make life easier.
- Our New & Expectant Parent Program features bimonthly workshops on everything from CPR to sleep training.
- Preparing for Parenthood, NPN's annual expo & workshops event for new & expectant parents, gives you much-needed info on breastfeeding, infant sleep, how to soothe crying infants and much more.
- We know that having a new baby at home can be isolating at times. New Moms Groups give you the opportunity to meet in small groups of 8–10 moms who live in your area and have babies around the same age. Many New Moms Groups continue to meet for years while their kids grow up together! Join NPN to take advantage of our wonderful New Moms Groups!
- When you have a burning parenting questions that just can't wait for your next New Moms Group meeting, there's the NPN member discussion forum. Here, you can post a question (anonymously or as yourself) at any time of the day or night and get answers from other member parents. "Why isn't my baby latching?" "What is this rash on my baby's behind?" "What are the symptoms of colic?" These are the kinds of questions new parents ask regularly, and our members are eager to help with advice. Join NPN to take advantage of our member discussion group!
- Our blog is full of tips and tricks from veteran Chicago parents who have survived their child's early years and have some wisdom to pass down (see some highlights below).
Essential reading for new parents