Guest Blogging for NPN
Become an NPN Guest Blogger! The goal of our blog is to provide our NPN community with content that is timely, interesting, humorous, and/or educational. We know that all readers will not agree on answers to our many questions – but we want to start a discussion and see what interesting results bubble to the top! NPN does not guarantee publication. We do not pay writers or photographers who contribute to our blog. All contributors must have an active NPN membership. Join or renew today!
Thank you for your interest in guest blogging. We are excited to share your thoughts and opinions with our community. We will do our absolute best to promote your content and help you market your name and personal brand. Please review the following guidelines carefully. Please submit your content, or content ideas to us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add your NPN Guest Blogger Badge and Link:
|<a href="http://npnparents.org/posts" target="_blank"><img src="http://npnparents.org.s3.amazonaws.com/ownpix/guestbloggerbadge.jpg" alt="npnguestblogger" style="border: none; width: 126px; height: 125px" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" /></a>|
By submitting a blog post to NPN for use in our NPN Blog, you agree to the following terms:
As an NPN Guest Blogger, you will receive:
- A bio for your guest blogging spot – photo/logo, name, website link, and a brief description.
- Your blog will feed into our home page Blog News Section
- We market each new blog post via Facebook, Twitter, NPN Discussion Forum, and Pinterest.
As an NPN Guest Blogger, you agree to provide NPN with the following:
- Bio: Login & go to NPN My Account. Add a short bio and image (less than 1MB). The image may be your logo or a photo.
- All contributors must have an active NPN membership (click to renew)
- Contribute an initial blog post on an agreed upon topic, to be reviewed by NPN with a max of 500 words.
- Linking: use links to send our members to useful resources and related material. Please add the links in your text or provide the web address in parentheses. E.g., Check NPN (LINK TO www.npnparents.org) for more info.
- Images: Provide us with at least one image to include with the post. One image is required. A max of 2 images. If they are photos from another website or a photographer – supply appropriate credit information. It must be an image that you are legally allowed to use/share. Images MUST sent as an attachement and each be less than 1MB in size and a jpg file type. If you refer to products - please include those images as well. We can make a collage of the referenced products. By contrbiting an image, your explicity provide NPN with permission to use the image in future promotions and publications.
- Social Media: You agree to follow NPN on Facebook, Twitter @NPNParents, and Pinterest. Please provide your social media pages for us to reference and cross-promote.
- Marketing: You agree to market your NPN Blog post via your website, email to your contacts (e.g., via your newsletter), and social media outlets (where applicable). When promoting on Facebook and Twitter - please @ link to NPNParents to connect your fans to our pages
- Post the Guest Blogger Badge: Add the badge to your website and/or social media outlets with a link to our blog or your author page.
- Comments: Review incoming comments and respond back (where appropriate) via the blog comments or provide to us and we can add more information/clarification to your original post.
Make it a great blog post:
- Make sure your topic is interesting for our community: About parents and/or kids and what they need, urban living, school, childcare, family medicine, etc.
- Formatting – use #’s and bullets to make your advice/points quick and easy to digest
- Speak for yourself! Make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of the company – reinforce this perspective by consistently communicating using the first person format of “I”.
- Try to add value, insight, and color. Write about what you see and do. Be descriptive. Paint a picture with your words so your readers will see what you see. Provide worthwhile information and perspective. Contribute from a positive point of view.
- Get your facts right. If you report facts make sure as best as you can that they are correct. Always double check. Be the first to respond to your own mistakes if they happen.
- Respect your audience and use common sense. Do not post any material that is defamatory, profane, libelous, abusive, or hateful to another person, team, culture, or entity. Do not use ethnic or racial slurs, personal insults, obscenity, etc., and show proper consideration for the privacy of others and for topics that may be considered sensitive, such as religion and politics.
- Keep your posts brief. Short, energetic postings are easier to read (and write!).
- Spell-check. As much as possible, make sure you are using correct grammar and spelling.
- Have fun!
- I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to Neighborhood Parents Network (NPN). NPN may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify NPN for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.
- I understand that plagiarism is the act of submitting work that, in part or whole, includes the work of another person—work that I did not write. This includes, but is not limited to, copying words from another source without indicating in some manner (i.e., footnotes, quotation marks or some other means of reference) that these words or ideas come from a source other than myself. In submitting my work to NPN for consideration for inclusion in NPN's newsletter, I certify that all of my work submitted to NPN represents solely my own work and is not in any way plagiarized, in part or in entirety. I am aware of NPN's commitment to publishing only original work created by its members and I understand that plagiarism is a serious offense.
- I understand that the NPN staff may edit my article to correspond to our editorial style as well as for length. NPN also reserves the right to decline your article due to lack of space or other editorial reasons.
- I grant permission to NPN to use photographs taken by me for use in NPN publications or its website. Photos may be reused in these platforms without notifying me. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the photographs or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photographs. I hereby agree to release and hold harmless NPN from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any re-use, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in production of the finished product